Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've Donated my Hair!



If you scroll down to my Mandisa blog, you'll see me with really long hair. The story is that my stylist quit to teach in a beauty college in May of 2006, and I didn't know where to go next, so I just procrastinated having my hair done until my hair was pretty long. At that point, I decided to grow it until I had at least 10 inches to donate to Locks of Love. In the photo above is 11 inches of ponytail that will hopefully be used in a wig for a little girl who has no hair and has no hope of ever having hair. I drove around looking at salons until I came to one that felt right, and best of all, without waiting I got a stylist close to my age that I really, really like, and she did a great job giving me a cut with versatility. I'm having so much fun experimenting with new styles now!
It's really cool knowing that my getting my hair cut and styled is actually going to benefit someone other than myself! ha ha My kids love my new look, although my son said it was going to take some getting used to looking at my back and not seeing my long hair.
The best thing is, with this haircut, I think my clothes actually fit better! It's true! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that you did this--that is so great that a child will benefit from your gorgeous hair! I love your hair color--and the cut is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I haven't been able to get my hair to look like that since the stylist did it! It has a mind of its own...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel my writing and may give me ideas for future posts, so please share your thoughts!

Featured Post

An Editor Answers the Burning Question on the Reader's Mind

You’ve asked yourself (and others) this question. Don’t deny it; I know you have! (In my pre-editor days, I asked the same question!) Whil...