Thursday, March 8, 2012

Recipe sites and tools

I love supercook.com and also allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools because I can type in ingredients and get a list of recipes! It’s almost like a recipe generator! One night we had a ham, pasta, and veggie casserole, and tonight we had red beans and rice with cheddar wurst—and I had to force myself to stop going back for 3rds and 4ths! The kids loved that meal too. 

I use prepackaged meal kits so often, but I know putting the ingredients together myself has to be healthier. I started tracking my calories again yesterday. I had stopped last summer when my laptop’s fan broke and I couldn’t keep it on and open to the Livestrong.com page. And I gained 14 pounds back from overindulging! EEK!

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out supercook.com. I use allrecipes a lot. I think the package meals have way too much sodium in them, even though they are good tasting. I started back on WW this week. I've gained back 17 pounds, so have to get that off, plus at least another 10. I was bad all summer and into winter. Sigh. We'll do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to check out those sites. They sound interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often use allrecipes.com but have never used the recipe generator, I don't think. I'll have to check out supercook though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe generator at allrecipes is tucked under the search box. You just click on the blue word "ingredient," and you get a page where you can list ingredients to include and to exclude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good site is www.lovefoodhatewaste.com. Click on the "recipes" tab on the right, and you will see a list of foods accompanied by pictures. At the bottom there is a place where you can click on a much more comprehensive list. If you have a food that you need to use up, or say you bought a bunch of something on sale, or your neighbor gave you 20 eggplants from their garden, you can click on the food and a whole bunch of ways to use it and recipes for that ingredient will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used the recipe generator on allrecipes. It is indeed a very cool tool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel my writing and may give me ideas for future posts, so please share your thoughts!

Featured Post

An Editor Answers the Burning Question on the Reader's Mind

You’ve asked yourself (and others) this question. Don’t deny it; I know you have! (In my pre-editor days, I asked the same question!) Whil...