Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Find Inspiration in Photographs

Hello, friends,

I was invited to write a guest post for the Christian Writing Today website, and I’m happy to inform you that my post is now up! You can check it out here: Brenda’s Photograph Inspiration Article

They chose not to use a photo I referenced, so I’m going to post it here. This is a photo my daughter took a few years ago. She ended up using it in a calendar she made as a Christmas gift.


It’s always an interesting experience for an editor to be edited. Some may take it as a personal insult and get defensive, but I’ve come to view it as a learning experience. Some edits may cause me to wonder a bit, but I often nod my head or maybe shrug my shoulders. It really is easier to edit someone else’s work than it is my own!

What has inspired you lately?


3 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful photo, Brenda. I'll go read you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd truly appreciate
    it.

    Look at my web-site free in ny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not aware of any of my content here being stolen. Some websites have a setting that blocks the reader's ability to copy and paste, so that's one option. I think the other option is sending a "cease and desist" letter to any website that has posted your material, and threaten to sue. It's a shame that people either a) don't understand copyright law and think anything they find online is free, or b) do understand copyright law but don't care or believe that they'll be caught.

    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel my writing and may give me ideas for future posts, so please share your thoughts!

Featured Post

An Editor Answers the Burning Question on the Reader's Mind

You’ve asked yourself (and others) this question. Don’t deny it; I know you have! (In my pre-editor days, I asked the same question!) Whil...