Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I met Chris Sligh tonight! Live and in person!


Chris Sligh (from Season 6 American Idol) gave a mini-concert and signed autographs in a nearby town tonight, so the kids and I went. I got Chris' new CD "Running Back to You" and got speak to him and get a photo! Yay! Tomorrow is the official CD release date/party, so I got it one day early and am REALLY excited about it. I absolutely LOVE his first single playing on Christian radio right now. It's called Empty Me, and while I haven't been in the national spotlight as he has, I still have issues with pride in certain areas, and this song speaks for me too!

Oh, I got to share with Chris that I follow his blog(s) and post comments sometimes, and he implied that he recognized me. Maybe he did, or maybe he is super-nice to fans! LOL! I told him where I go to church, and he asked if I was there back when he was there, and I said yes I was, and there was this song he sang in church, and he says, "He Reigns," and I said, yes, that's it! I love that song, but I always get the title wrong. The arrangement Chris sang with the choir in the background was spine-tingling. I've never heard that version since. Chris, if you ever get the chance, you should include that arrangement of "He Reigns" on an album!

I wish Chris much success in his performing and songwriting career!

1 comment:

  1. How cool that you got to meet him--AND he is from your church! I did not watch that season of American Idol so I totally missed him. I will have to check out his music!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel my writing and may give me ideas for future posts, so please share your thoughts!

Featured Post

An Editor Answers the Burning Question on the Reader's Mind

You’ve asked yourself (and others) this question. Don’t deny it; I know you have! (In my pre-editor days, I asked the same question!) Whil...