Friday, September 23, 2011

I Won a Sam's Club Recipe Contest!


SHRIEEEKKKK!!! *jumping up and down*   Looky what I just got!!!

Brenda,

First of all, we’d like to thank you for your participation in the Sam’s Club “Fresh, Fast and Fabulous” Cookbook Contest. That being said, we have some good news to share…

CONGRATULATIONS! You recipe entry has been selected by the judges as one of our GRAND PRIZE WINNERS! The prize you have won is a holiday meal package valued at $200. In addition, your recipe entry will be featured in the Sam’s Club “Fresh, Fast and Fabulous” Cookbook coming in 2012. The Approximate Retail value of the prize is $200. We have attached the Official Rules for complete details.

...

Thank you, and again, congratulations on behalf of Sam’s Club.

Sincerely,
The Sam’s Club Team
Amie Throndson
Social Manager
    •  I sent them my original recipe called Brenda’s Delightful Dreamsicle Cake, an easy microwaveable dessert that I invented a year ago! They will probably take my  name off the recipe, *briefly sad* but I won I won I won! *jumping up and down, screaming, hoping the neighbors don't hear me and rush over or call the cops!*

      Update: Not only did they NOT remove my name from the recipe, they interviewed me and added my photo and thoughts about my cake! They changed the name to Orange Dream Supreme Cake. The actual prize was a $200 gift card to Sam’s Club. 

9 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were six winners altogether. I don't know how many entered, I just know I never win! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, Brenda! I congratulated you on FB, but congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never again can you say..."I never win!"

    Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once won tickets to an event I had no interest in, and I've won small writing competitions in the distant past, but I have never ever won anything this good before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Brenda! That is wonderful and thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda - this is awesome news! How exciting to win something and have your invention be featured with a major retailer! Congratulations on your winnings - Karma is coming around in different ways. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel my writing and may give me ideas for future posts, so please share your thoughts!

Featured Post

An Editor Answers the Burning Question on the Reader's Mind

You’ve asked yourself (and others) this question. Don’t deny it; I know you have! (In my pre-editor days, I asked the same question!) Whil...